So, I haven’t been back at blogging that long (like two posts before this one), but it’s totally time for a random post. Because that’s just how I roll.
- So after my week-long stay in freezing South Carolina (I’m not even kidding … the temperature was 16 degrees one night, people!), I’m back in Florida, and I’m so happy. I’m reunited with my SodaStream (I’m all about the fizzy life), my running group, my fabulous co-workers, and my fabulous chair, desk, keyboard and monitor (you don’t realize how much you take these things for granted until you’re sitting on a crappy folding chair with your laptop sitting on a giant pile of books to try to make it feel like your neck isn’t on fire).
- I will miss lunchtime walks with my favorite girl in a beautiful place, though.
- I wasn’t so happy about the trip back, though. I flew back on Sunday (otherwise known as Grammy night, otherwise known as the only awards show this turtle likes … no, loves). I was scheduled to arrive at 5:46 p.m. Flight was delayed. I was still supposed to get in at 7:30 p.m. (I’d probably miss a few minutes, but not too much). Then, it was delayed more. We ended not even leaving until after 7 p.m. (mainly because of the delayed plane, but then more because people were being ridiculous and throwing fits about not getting their assigned seats because it was a different plane … take a seat, any seat, sit down, shut up and let’s get the heck out of here, people). Anyway, I missed almost two hours of my favorite awards show. But, I did get to see Bruno Mars receive the award for Best Pop Vocal Album for “Unorthodox Jukebox.” And, I actually screamed. And, yes, I realize I need to take it down about 53 notches.
- I ended up watching the performances I missed on YouTube, and all was fine. After watching all the performances, I decided Beyonce and Jay-Z singing and rapping, respectively, “Drunk in Love” was my favorite. I really liked listening to Lorde’s “Royals,” but watching was scary. She reminded me of the girl from “The Ring.” Seriously, real horror movie-type stuff. Watch it … if you dare.
- Does anyone else find Kevin Hart extremely annoying? Sheesh. I guess I’ve never seen a movie with him in it until recently. I saw “Ride Along,” and I ended up liking the movie, but at times, I want to put earmuffs on to muffle his annoying, whiny, irritating voice. Thank goodness for Ice Cube saving the movie (that could be the first time that’s been uttered).
- I’m running the Best Damn Race 10K on Saturday. Running is a little better, but I’m really nervous about how this will go. I should just relax, have fun and enjoy it, but I usually don’t listen to my own advice. It would be nice it if it went well, though. My running confidence could use a boost.
- If not, I guess I’ll drown my sorrows at a wine party later that day. Convenient timing, I must say.
Did you watch the Grammys? What was your favorite performance?